Thursday, October 11, 2007

Surgery :(

I tore my miniscus and will be having surgery next Thursday 10/18. It's not that I mind the actual surgery so much, it's that I will miss 2 1/2 weeks of school and I am way overly possessive of my classroom and way too controlling with things - I know I just need to relax - I have great subs coming in, but it's me - I want to make sure the kids have a good routine and nothing is too out of the ordinary for them.

I also HATE going under! I don't like anesthesia - it makes me horribly nauseous. When I had Ryan (via c-section)and they brought him up to me to show him to me, my first thought was, "Oh, he's so cute. I hope I don't puke on him." Seriously! Poor kid! The drugs make me nasty sick and I am not looking forward to it. I am, however, looking forward to being able to walk without pain!

I'm getting everything done - classroom stuff first. I am also gathering things to do while I'm at home. During the summer I have Ry here so there's always something to do. For the most part, he'll be at Grandma's or daycare during the day so I'll be on my own - weird!!! I've got tons of knitting projects to work on. My secret pal project will hopefully get done while I'm at home. I also have things to make for my sister and for some friends at work.

I also got a bunch of books from the library- the first 4 Stephanie Plum novels by Janet Evanovich. I've read 2 of her later ones but decided I better start at the beginning. They're hilarious and a great read. I also got our next 2 book club books. The first one is about Robert Hanssen - an American who spied for Russia, I think. It sounds interesting. I'm looking forward to the reading, knitting, and healing, but oh, not the anesthesia or the time off.

No comments: