Sunday, June 29, 2008

The ABC's of Me

I was reading another blog and found this and really liked it. Here's a little bit about me:

A is for age:When I turned 30, I was despondent and decided I was OLD! I was newly married, no children – by my ‘lifeplan’ when I was a kid, I was supposed to marry at 22, have my first child by 25 and by 30 be a happily married mother of 3. Didn’t happen. Now that I’m 37, happily married and mother of one, I feel young and like my whole life is ahead of me.

B is for burger of choice:I’m not a huge burger person, but I’d have to go with Grampa’s Burgers here in Denver. They are mouth watering and huge – not your typical burger joint.

C is for what kind of car you drive:A 2005 light green Ford Taurus. I love it – lots of room and lots of power.

D is for your dog's name:I’ve never actually had a real live dog. I have a stuffed dog that saw me through my teenage turmoil and not so roaring 20s. His name was Eddie. Ryan has been bugging us for a puppy so while in Iowa, I let him pick out a stuffed puppy which he named Butter; he sleeps with him nightly.

E is for essential item you use everyday:Water.

F is for favorite TV show at the moment:Since it’s summer there’s not much on but we like Hell’s Kitchen, Jon & Kate Plus 8, and reruns of George Lopez.

G is for favorite game:Going back and forth with Ryan: Mommy! Ryan! Mommy! Ryan! Mommy! Ryan!

H is for Home State:Iowa

I is for instruments you play:When I was in 4th grade I learned the recorder.

J is for favorite juice:Does lemonade count?

K is for whose butt you'd like to kick:I’m not really a violent person but there are certain people who shall remain nameless that I just never want to see again.

L is for last restaurant at which you ate?Outback – they had a luncheon for volunteers and my partner teacher and I went – it was great because I left Ryan at home with a babysitter which means I actually got to eat!

M is for your favorite Muppet:Oscar the Grouch – is he a muppet?

N is for Number of Piercings:4 – two in each ear

O is for overnight hospital stays:None until I was 31 and had my appendix out – I was in for 3 nights. Then when I had Ryan I was in for 4 nights.

P is for people you were with today:Mainly Ryan; but also my sister, niece, and brother in law for a while and then tonight with Rob & Ryan.

Q is for what you do with your quiet time:knit, read

R is for biggest regret:Not speaking my mind more – I really let people take advantage of me, but I’ve been trying to wear my big girls pants more.

S is for status:I’m in a great place with a good husband and a great son.

T is for time you woke up today:6:45 when Ryan decided it was time to get up and turned on cartoons

U is for what you consider unique about yourself:everything

V is for vegetable you love:corn on the cob from Iowa

W is for worst habit:Not speaking my mind

X is for x-rays you've had:Yikes – arm x 2, leg x 2, teeth x a lot, head x 2, I can’t remember the rest

Y is for yummy food you ate today:Cheerios Snack Mix (Cheddar) – I bought it for Ryan but it’s really good!

Z is for zodiac:I am a Taurus to the nth degree.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

oh, I love that! I may have to steal it. About the maracas: They are my own pattern! If more people become interested, I might write the pattern for everyone to enjoy. :]