Thursday, January 21, 2010

Feeling Better

Honestly, I am going to try to blog regularly - I find myself journaling/blogging in my head, but somehow getting it actually out of me feels better.

My last post, a couple of weeks ago, found me pretty down. I called and scheduled an appointment with a counselor but have since cancelled it. I think I need to first go see my primary care physician. Last July I saw her and my white cells were off. I was supposed to go back, but well, life gets in the way. I want to make sure that is ok and also talk to her about restless leg syndrome. I may check in to some meds for the depression as well.

Although, on that front, I'm doing much much better. I sat down with hubby and had it out. I let everything out and for once, he sat and listened. I think he had seen how down I was and knew how serious things were. We both got a lot off our chests and afterwards I felt much better. I've been voicing my needs and concerns and although there has been a little friction, it's been better and I know that despite wanting to kill him sometimes (kidding! - any wife knows what I mean), I do love him.

The talk helped and I have been making sure to voice things both at home and at work so that I'm not bottling the stress - which I am horribly guilty of doing. I'm also working on praying more and really focusing on things in my day. I've been taking time at night to think about the best part of my day, the worst part of my day, the funniest part, and something I would change. It's helped me to put things in perspective.

1 comment:

Amber said...

I think that end-of-the-day list is really great for putting things into perspective. I think I just might do that, too. How are things going since this post. I'm curious...what was the best part of your day, the worst part of your day, the funniest part, and something you would change? I'll share if you share! :)