1. Are you religious? Yes, I’m Catholic.
2. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider yourself a Beginner, Intermediate or Advanced? Knitting about 4 years. Intermediate
3. Do you have any other hobbies besides knitting? I love to read, I scrapbook a little – mainly pictures of my son; I know how to cross-stitch and crochet, but don’t do much of either
4. Favorite color(s)? Favorite color is green; but I love blues and purples too
5. Do you collect anything? Magnets and willow tree figurines
6. Are you allergic to any fibers or animals? Highly allergic to cats
7. Do you have any pets? no
8. Coffee, Tea, or Hot Chocolate? I like all but prefer coffee or hot chocolate
9. Cookies or Sweets? I have an extremely intense sweet tooth, but don’t care for dark chocolate in the least
10. Do you knit socks? I’m working on my first pair of socks right now – we’ll see how they turn out
11. If not socks then what? (tell us about your favorite knits) I love to do dishcloths for gifts; I’ve also recently discovered mittens and love making them. I also love knitting scarves. I am very excited about knitting anything that I can felt.
12. Do you put up a Christmas tree? If not then what do you do? Yes! (fake)
13. Favorite holiday treats? Chocolate covered cherries, egg nog
14. Favorite holiday smells? Cinnamon & apples; I cannot tolerate the smell of evergreen – our tree has to be fake
15. Do you celebrate Christmas in a traditional or unconventional way? Please elaborate. I would say we’re pretty traditional with tree, stockings, Santa, gifts, lights, etc.
16. What are your favorite holiday traditions? I love filling stockings and listening to carols; My parents got us a new ornament every year and I have continued that with my husband and son
17. Finish the sentence: “For me Christmas is all about....” family togetherness
18. If you were a Christmas ornament you would be…….? They’re not really ornaments, but I’d be colorful, blinking Christmas lights.
19. What was your favorite gift you've ever received? Or given? I’m a 2nd grade teacher so often get gifts at holiday time and I love the ones the kids make or have a part in. When I was teaching junior high, I had an 8th grader who told me she had spent her own money to buy my gift which was an adorable favorite teacher ornament – it meant the world to me and still hangs on my tree 13 years later.
20.When do you start your Christmas? I put up decorations the day after Thanksgiving
21. Do you send Christmas cards? Do you make them or buy them? Yes; I’ve made and bought them in the past. Now with my little one, we’re doing picture cards
22.What is your favorite Christmas dish? Not sure, I like most of them
23.Carolers are at your door. What do you do? Listen and enjoy
24.When do you open presents? Christmas eve or Christmas morning? We open one present on Christmas eve and the rest on Christmas day.
25. Do you celebrate with family or friends or both? both